Family House Rules
We want to ensure the Family House remains a safe and inviting environment for all of our families, volunteers, and staff members. In order to do this we have compiled some rules and guidelines we ask all Family House guests and visitors to abide by while in the Family House. Please read through the following information to gain a better understanding of our House Rules, this list is not comprehensive, but rather a summary of some of the more important rules.
- Alcohol, drugs and intoxication - Alcohol and drugs are prohibited at the Family House. Anyone found in possession of drugs or alcohol or who appears intoxicated will be asked to leave the Family House immediately.
- Children -Children are the sole responsibility of their parent or guardian. Volunteers, staff and other families are not permitted to supervise or baby sit children of guests. Any damage or vandalism to the facility caused by a child will be the responsibility of their Responsible Adult, parent, or guardian. Children under 16 - Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian while on Family House propertyChildren ages 16-17 - Children ages 16-17 may use common areas of the Family House, with the exception of the fitness center, without the presence of a parent or guardian; however a parent or guardian must remain on the premises Children ages 18-20 - Children ages 18-20 are permitted on the premises without supervision during the hours of 8am to 9pm. From 9pm to 8am, a parent or guardian must be present at the Family House
- Conduct - Violation of any Family House rules or policies will result in appropriate action by management, up to and including removal from the Family House and loss of consideration for future opportunities to stay here. In addition, the following types of behavior are considered inappropriate and may result in removal from the premises: Violence of any kind, Profanity, Physical punishment (including spanking of children), Excessive displays of affection in common areas, Loud or disruptive conduct, Any criminal activity.
- Dress code - Guests are expected to dress appropriately for a family environment. You must remain clothed at all times when outside of your guest room, including in the fitness center. Examples of inappropriate attire include: clothing that displays offensive symbols or language, pajamas, robes, exposed midriffs, sports bras (without shirt), bare feet, and bathing suits. The Family House reserves the right to ask you to change your clothes at any time.
- Food and beverages - Preparation & consumption of food and beverages is permitted in the kitchen and dining areas only, except that water is permitted in the fitness center. Guests may store dry, unopened foods in their assigned lockers on the first floor. Consumption of food and beverages is Not Permitted in guest bedrooms, or any other area of the Family House outside of the dining room or kitchen. The kitchen is open for use 24 hours per day, however ovens and stovetops may not be used after 9pm or before 7am
- Quiet hours, Lights out - Quiet hours are between 9pm and 9am. Quiet hours apply to all areas of the Family House including the patio and parking lot. At 10pm the manager-on-duty will shut the lights off in the common areas of the Family House. Only the kitchen, dining room, and living room will be open for use after 10pm.
- Safety & security - For the safety of you and your fellow guests, doors are never to be propped open, or opened for anyone not in your party. Entrance to the Family House is limited to the front door only. Please do not be offended if we ask for your name or to see your wristband prior to buzzing you into the building. In the event of an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- Smoking - There is no smoking or tobacco use permitted at the Family House or on Family House property. If you wish to smoke or use tobacco, you must do so outside of the Family House property, and must dispose of any waste (e.g. cigarette butts) in a proper receptacle.
- Visitors - Visiting hours are from 9am to 9pm. Your visitors must check in at the front desk and tell staff who they are visiting. They will be required to complete the infectious disease questionnaire, and wear a wristband indicating that they are a visitor. You must greet your visitors at the front desk before they will be allowed into the common area of the Family House. If your visitor wishes to stay overnight, they must check in as a guest, and comply with room occupancy limits.
- Wristbands - You will be given a wristband when you check in at the Family House that must be worn for the duration of your stay. If your wristband comes off, or becomes loose, bring it to the front desk so that it can be replaced.