Regional Transplant Support and Outreach Groups
Gift of Life Family House and Gift of Life Donor Program support and volunteer opportunities for transplant patients and their friends and family members, familes of donors as well as for the general public.
Family House Volunteer Groups
Gift of Life Family House has a variety of needs and opportunities for volunteers. These range from fundraising activities to specific volunteer support needs when Family House opens its doors. Support programs are also being developed to help patients and families awaiting transplant. Learn how you can help now to make Family House a reality.
Volunteer and Support Groups Based at Gift of Life Donor Program
Liaisons for Life
Group for transplant recipients and candidates as well as members of their families, donor family members and others who are interested in volunteering their time to promote donor awareness and the benefits of transplantation. Most programs falling under the Liaisons umbrella take place in the greater Philadelphia region.
Hearts of Gold
Volunteer group made up of donor family members, addresses the specific needs and issues of donor family members. The group focuses on how donor families can educate the public about organ and tissue donation as well as acts as a support system for other donor families.
Multicultural Affairs Committee
The Multicultural Affairs Committee was developed in response to the growing number of minorities awaiting organ transplants in the Gift of Life service area. The group serves as a direct link to minority communities by developing culturally sensitive donor awareness activities and educational materials.
Latino Affairs Committee
The Latino Affairs Committee works directly with the Hispanic community in the Gift of Life service area to spread awareness about the great need for donors.
Donors Are Heroes
A group of dedicated friends committed to raising public awareness of the importance of becoming an organ and tissue donor, to dispel myths and provide a means for people to share their donation wishes with family and friends.
Regional Volunteer and Support Groups
- Berks Coalition (Reading and Pottstown areas)
- Capital Coalition (greater Harrisburg area)
- Central Pennsylvania Coalition (greater Lancaster area)
- Central Susquehanna Valley Coalition (Danville, Williamsport, Bloomsburg and Milton areas)
- Delaware Coalition
- Lehigh Valley Coalition (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton areas)
- Northeast Pennsylvania Coalition (Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Hazelton and Stroudsburg areas)
- South Central Pennsylvania Coalition (York, Hanover and Gettysburg areas)
- Southern New Jersey Coalition
- Cape Atlantic Support Group (SNJ Shore region)