Home Cook Heroes Program
Thank you for your interest in preparing a meal for the transplant patients and families at Gift of Life Family House!
The Home Cook Heroes program provides a much-needed support service to families who often don’t have the time, resources or energy to prepare a healthy, home-cooked meal. Family House meals are served each evening and brunch is served on the weekends. Please read through the information below to learn how to sign up today!
How Does Home Cook Heroes Work?
Dinner: Every night at 6 pm
Brunch: Weekends only at 10 am
Baking: Every day at off-peak hours
Groups of up to 10 people can provide, prepare (on or off site) and serve a meal for our transplant families. (Please note: If you have children coming to volunteer, we ask that you have one adult for every three children under the age of 18.)
Groups are only required to bring the ingredients for the meal. The Family House will provide all the tools you’ll need to prepare the meal in our fully-equipped kitchen complete with 4 ovens, stoves, microwaves, and sinks. We will also provide plates, platters, utensils, etc. (Please note that limited kitchen/pantry items are available. Be sure to notify the Family House in advance if there is anything specific you will require.)
- The amount of servings needed per meal depends on Family House guest occupancy. Group leaders will be notified prior to their scheduled date with an estimated headcount. (Based on our current occupancy over the past several weeks, we usually range from 40-50 people per night.)
How to Sign-Up?
1. Read the Meal Program Guidelines
Home Cook Heroes - Brunch/Dinner Guidelines - 1.0MB
Home Cook Heroes - Baking Guidelines - 480.2KB
2. Recruit Your Team and Select a Date (see calendar below!)
- Check the calendar below for available dates and select one that works for your group. We recommend that you have several possible dates in mind when booking your meal.
3. Sign-Up Your Group
4. We'll Contact You to Confirm
- Once your group date and meal is approved, you will receive confirmation from the Family House either by phone or email.
5. Have Fun and Be Creative!
- Click here to view a list of past meals provided to our guests.
The Family House is always in need of more pantry items! While shopping for your meal, feel free to pick up extra grocery items for our guests, or invite your family and friends to contribute! Click here to view the Family House Wish List:
Wish List - 593.6KB
For any questions regarding Home Cook Heroes or to learn more, please contact Diana Elbanna by phone at 267-546-9800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Below is an updated calendar of available dates. Any date/meal that does not have a group signed up is available.
If the Calendar does not appear below, please click on this link to access the calendar.
Please consider supporting the Family House with a donation – your generosity is greatly appreciated. Click here.