Family House meals are served each evening and brunch is served on the weekends. Please read through the information below to learn how to sign up today!
Home Cook Heroes – The Basics!
Groups of up to 10 people can provide, prepare (on or off-site) and serve a meal for our transplant families. Please note: If you have children coming to volunteer, we ask that you have one adult for every three children under the age of 18.
Groups may choose to volunteer to prepare and serve:
- Dinner (Every night at 6 pm)
- Brunch (Weekends only at 10 am)
- Baked Goods (Every day during off-peak hours)
Groups are only required to bring the ingredients for the meal. The Family House will provide all the tools you’ll need to prepare the meal in our fully-equipped kitchen complete with four ovens, stoves, microwaves, and sinks. We will also provide plates, platters, utensils, etc.
The amount of servings needed per meal depends on Family House guest occupancy. Group leaders will be notified prior to their scheduled date with an estimated headcount. Based on our current occupancy over the past several weeks, we usually range from 50-60 people per night.
Sign up in 3 simple steps.
- Read over the Meal Program Guidelines for information about the Home Cook Heroes Program.
- Recruit Your Team and Select a Date (see calendar below!)
- Sign-Up Your Group Fill out the form at the bottom of this page! Once your group date and meal is approved, you will receive confirmation from the Family House either by phone or email.
Check the calendar below for available dates and select one that works for your group. We recommend that you have several possible dates in mind when booking your meal.
Have Fun and Be Creative!
The Family House is always in need of more pantry items! While shopping for your meal, please feel free to pick up extra grocery items for our guests or invite your family and friends to contribute!
For any questions regarding Home Cook Heroes or to learn more please email Diana Elbanna, Resident Manager.
If you are experiencing issues with the Home Cook Heroes calendar, please email Diana Elbanna at firstname.lastname@example.org or Genevieve Moore at email@example.com for available dates.