Substance Use Disorder and Impact and Treatment with Transplant Patients
With Ryan Healy, LPC , Addiction Specialist
JUNE 18 | 9AM-10AM EST
1. Understand the DSM V diagnosis of Substance Use Disorder.
2. Describe issues of cultural identity, ethnic background, age and gender in prevention, treatment and recovery.
3. Describe warning sign, symptoms, and the course of substance use disorders, including impact on transplant patients.
4. Describe principles and philosophy of prevention, treatment and recovery.
5. Identifying Substance Use disorder with our patients.
6. Understanding the Stages of recovery
7. Recognizing the benefits of Harm Reduction
8. Understanding the levels of treatment available, including treatment for transplant patients
9. Describe current and evidenced-based approaches practiced in the field of addictions
This program is approved for 1 CE credit through the Pennsylvania state board of social workers, marriage, and family therapists and professional counselors to offer continuing education for social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors. The gift of life family house maintains the responsibility for this program.