We offer various programs throughout the year, please check back for upcoming programs.
A Happier You: 7 Strategies for Maximizing Joy, Longevity, and Self-Care in Social Work
With Scott Glassman, PsyD
OCTOBER 8TH 1PM-3PM EST
REGISTER HERE: https://donors1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3EcuYqz2R225GtJYwGoLdw
Up to 75% of social workers may experience burnout at some point in their careers. This 2-hour workshop is designed to help social workers take a more effective approach to self-care and begin to implement practices that will help them not only survive, but thrive, in a profession that often places a high demand on personal resources. Participants will identify the threats to well-being in the social work practice, including the three core elements of burnout: emotional exhaustion, depersonalization, and low sense of accomplishment. Participants will then be introduced to the PERMA model of well-being and learn how to apply evidence-based practices from the field of positive psychology, including gratitude, playfulness, personal strengths, kindness, and positive attention to prevent burnout and achieve a higher level of enjoyment and meaning in their roles as social workers. They will also explore the role of mindfulness and self-compassion in building a stronger foundation for resilience. Mindfulness can also play a prominent role in expanding positive emotional experiences on a daily basis, and participants will have an opportunity to incorporate it into a weekly wellness plan.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn the PERMA Model of well-being and identify their role in social work practice
- Identify the 3 core dimensions of burnout and how they threaten longevity in the field
- Define each area of positive psychology, from the “A Happier You” program, that can enhance wellness and resilience and provide examples
- Demonstrate the roles of mindfulness and self-compassion in boosting well-being, resilience, and positive emotional experience
- Demonstrate how each of the 7 strategies from positive psychology can be integrated into a daily routine
- Develop a personalized weekly wellness plan that incorporates at least 4 of the 7 wellness strategies
THIS PROGRAM IS PENDING APPROVAL BY THENATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS(APPROVAL #886593858-3437) FOR 2 CEs.